M.A. Thomas, founder of Hopegivers International, was a man of great faith. He was also a prayer warrior who understood the importance of undergirding this entire ministry with prayer.
Below is an excerpt from his book entitled “Prayer Warriors.”
All men of God should be men of prayer. Men of prayer are great men of God.
“Men ought to pray always and not to faint.” (Luke 18:1).
- Samuel the prophet said if he is not praying for the people he sins against God. (1 Samuel 12:23).
- David said, “I will pray and cry unto the Lord three times daily, morning, noon and evening.” (Psalm 55:17).
- Daniel made it his habit to pray three times daily – morning, noon and evening. (Daniel 6:10).
- Jesus Christ prayed 40 days and nights before starting the ministry. He prayed before doing any work. He was a man of prayer.
- Martin Luther said, “I have much work to do, so I cannot start my day without praying three hours.”
- John Wesley used to pray for hours daily 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. He used to go to bed at 10 p.m. saying that I have an appointment at 4: a.m.
- It was said that the sun never rose in China before seeing Hudson Taylor on his knees.
- C. H. Spurgeon said Mary of Scotland was not afraid of any power as much as she was afraid of John Knox when he was on his knees. John Knox prayed and said “Lord, give me Scotland or take my life,” and the Lord heard his prayer and gave him Scotland.
The Lord is looking for men and women of prayer. We at Hopegivers are doing the same. Please pray for this ministry and ask your friends to pray as well. Without the prayer and support of the family of God, we could not serve the people of India and Haiti.
Will you become a Prayer Warrior today?